• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

review tow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srottman

36 Cal.
Reaction score
looking for reviews or experience with pre inletted stocks and parts from tow

I have purchased three kits from them over the years and have had decent luck.

Guess it would depend on which rifle or gun kit you were looking to buy. Maybe if you decide on which one then you can post it here and get some info on that particular one!

Good luck

rabbit03

Stonewall Creek Outfitters has some Southern Mountain precarved stocks that are on sale. I bought one with tight curl along 100% of the stock for the price of a plain stock at TOW. The only difference is the lock mortis isn't inletted. Once you do one though, you'll find that it is easier to inlet a lock without a pre-inletted mortis. You have a flat surface to start with instead of a undersized mortis that you have to retrofit.

I have bought three parts sets from TOW though, and was happy with all of them.

Use the Links here under Member Resources, at the top fo the Index page, to find email addresses for TVM. They also make and sell Tenn. Mt. Rifles kits. Tip Curtiss is another supplier. He doesn't have an e-mail address, but you can get his address and phone number easy enough. There are two TVM companies, so talk to them both.

Also, contact Pecatonica Rifle works directly, as they supply the stocks to Track for their kits. I believe you can do as well or a bit better on the price dealing with Pecatonica. Dick Greensides has been helping builders with stocks in various stages of development, depending on the builder's wants, for years.

Back