• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RH/LH

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am left handed and prefer to shoot left handed guns like the one in my avatar. However, I do have a few RH flintlocks. The glasses I am wearing now are pockmarked from shooting my right handed Steve Krolick Cossack rifle portside. I would not consider shooting a RH flint or caplock from the left side without glasses.

You should always wear eye protection on the range whether you're shooting or not, due to the possibility of backsplash. There's also a pockmark on my right lens from someone shooting a modern pistol at steel plates from 25 yards.

as a.lefty shooting a right handed rifle I would add one thing, wear something on your right arm to keep cap metal from burning it. As black powder maniac shooter always sez eye and ear protection is strongly advised.

Of there was a large problem with ot, I'm sure there would not be s x s flintlock shotguns available. More of an issue for those shooting next to you I would guess.

Im a lefty, and would not know wat to do with a lefty gun. To long doing it wrong . Wear the glasses,eyes dont grow back! Im missing my right so I know(stroke)

I have shot left handed from my first BB gun. I figured out how to close my right eye as a kid, couldn’t get the hang of closing my left. But I am right handed in everything else. In basic training my DI just shrugged as brass bounced off my helmet from my M14. I have never fired a left hand rifle, I didn’t even know they made such a thing. I never felt a need to switch to right handed, but can do so with no issues now that I can close my left eye. :)
Never fired a pistol until I was an adult, picked it up with my right hand and sighted with my left eye from the get go.
Everyone finds their own way.

Back