• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rifle building classes / school

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

three otters

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been looking into buying and building a kit gun from one of the many manufacturers. Having limited space and tools necessary to complete such a project I was wondering if anyone knew a custom builder or buisness that offers courses for the novice. I'm looking for someone in the central Jersey to Allentown Pa. area. I've found one builder in eastern Pa. but his classes are only offered on friday evenings and due to work constraints I could not be there in time. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. :thanks:

Believe it or not, check your local community college system. There was one offered in my area until recently.

There is a chap who offer a course on building longrifles.
Peter Alexander is his name. You may have seen his work at Track of the Wolf, as they sell his book.
He is a very knowledgable authority on the longrifle.
I believe he is starting a course in July.
He is an outstanding artisan and can instruct well to the novice.
I took his course in the early eighties and am much better for it.
If you are interested, I will dig up his phone number, and get it to you.
He lives only a few miles north of Ogdensburgh Ny. in Canada.
Best Regards.
Old Ford

Big K,
Sorry I can't help you but I'd be interested in the name and number for the Friday night class in eastern PA.
Finnwolf

The Jacobsburg Historical Society offers gunmaking classes at the site of the former Henry Gunworks at Jacobsburg, PA which is out side of Nazareth, PA. The information on the classes is on their website www.jacobsburg.org.

Back