• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

rifle kits?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I have on my GM barrel is a proof mark and caliber... Proof mark is a circle with a G or an M in it... don't recall at the moment.

I received a kit from a company that is mentioned here a few times. It had about 6 items missing and what I considered a large chip by where the barrel tang would be inletted. I sent it back and received a refund less the shipping. Of course I had to pay to ship it back so I was out about $100.00
I have since ordered a similar rifle from Matt and Toni at TVM. It should be here anyday as it shipped last week. I met Matt at Dixon's last summer. I should have ordered from him in the first place.

Pat Cameron

Jim Chambers offers the best kits on the market, and totally backs his products. They cost more, but you get more, and no worries about quality.

I have since been informed that the barrel I was sent was a "long hammock" and not the GM I asked for. All I can say is that this barrel needs some draw filing and other work. It is going back for an exchange for what I asked for initially. The stock is going back to be inlet as requested, the ramrod also to be exchanged. We will see what happens with this, but I'm gonna stay optimistic.

Lonegun1894 said:
I have since been informed that the barrel I was sent was a "long hammock" and not the GM I asked for. ...

If I got a Longhammock for the price of a GM I would keep my mouth shut and happily drawfile the machine marks off.

That's a good indicator they made an honest mistake. Sending you a more expensive barrel wouldn't be to their advantage at all.
Ken

I haven't received a Green Mountain barrel yet that didn't require some draw filing so, if you trade in your long hammock for a Green Mountain plan on draw filing it.

The only barrel I have received that I thought I could use "as is" was a Rice barrel.
They are truly a nice product.

I have to wonder at these posts where the words "I don't want to mention names" is used. I personally think that if all we here is the good, we are not getting the full picture and an educated decision is impossible. In fact just the opposite. I'm a big boy...I can take it.

Mike2005 said:
Lonegun1894 said:
I have since been informed that the barrel I was sent was a "long hammock" and not the GM I asked for. ...

If I got a Longhammock for the price of a GM I would keep my mouth shut and happily drawfile the machine marks off.

Man, I wish somebody would make a mistake like that with my orders. I'm with Mike, I'd keep my mouth shut and then go out and buy a lottery ticket :grin:

leadpot said:
I have to wonder at these posts where the words "I don't want to mention names" is used. I personally think that if all we here is the good, we are not getting the full picture and an educated decision is impossible. In fact just the opposite. I'm a big boy...I can take it.

What he said! :hatsoff:

If you all say the Longhammock is the better barrel,I'm keeping it. What had me worried was that I had heard too much about them being an inferior product. Just today receiver the stock back with a little more inletting done. Thanks y'all.

Latest posts

Back