• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rise To Rebellion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalejrfan308

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just started reading Jeff Shaara's book "Rise To Rebellion". I am about a quarter of the way into it and it has been very good! He really brings the story of America's birth to life by telling the story through the eyes of the men who were there: John Adams, Ben Franklin, Thomas Gage, George Washington, etc. The book starts in 1770 with John Adams and goes through 1776. The second volume, "The Gloriuos Cause", picks up from there through the war. The book is a novel, historical fiction they call it, but it is very accurate to details of our history, just brought to life. Jeff also wrote "Gods and Generals" and "The Last Full Measure" about the Civil War. "Gods and Generals" was made into a movie. His dad wrote "The Killer Angels" which the movie "Gettysburg" was based on. Good stuff!! Anyways, just thought I'd recommend it to you folks here.

Jeff Shaara's Books

-Andrew

Shaara is one of my favorite authors. He's also written Gone for Soldiers (about the Mexican-American War), To the Last Man (WW1) and the first of a new trilogy on WW2 called The Rising Tide (covering the North African and Sicily campaigns). Reading Shaara's books is a fun way to learn history. If you're like me, after reading his books, it makes you want to go out and find more on the subject.

Back