• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RMC flintlocks?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Didn't know these guys made hawken like half stocked guns.

Anybody know about them.

I usually recommend the lyman gpr for a commercial gun. But, I like my ugly looking homemade ones foryself.

The RMC Accusporter is a halfstock rifle, with a 1:28 twist GM barrel with removeable breechplug, an L&R Late English lock, laminated stock, aluminum ramrod, and trimmed with iron/blackened bling. It used to have the option of 1:60 PRB or 1:28 fast twist barrel.

Most guys I know that have one, or the one before it with a fixed breech, shoot those unmentionable projectiles with a synthetic cup surrounding them or skirted with a synthetic belt.

RMC Accusporter

Donny said:
My gawwwwd, what an ugly gun.

:haha: barely legal for PA's flintlock only late season. Truth be told, the original regulation specified flintlock, 44 cal or larger LONGRIFLES shooting PRBs only, no peep sights!

jesus, thats a face only a mother could love. I mean if you are going to do something...have some pride in your work. theres nothing wrong with making something somewhat attractive...for that price, i could save and build a chambers kit in about 2 years. still better off than using that. Wait ...I figured it out.... you dont shoot the deer...you show them the gun and they die of laughter than you bought it !!! :rotf:

I agree on the looks, just don't see a new commercially made rifle brand everyday.

Yuck, 1 in 28.

I'm building my own early va 45 cal flinter, but I cheat in PA with a lyman 57 peep on my 54 cal gpr.

I wounded a deer with open sights in the end of the day, since then I put the peep on. The va will take a deer with open sights, but will likely hunt with the peep. Even more so in PA you can hunt 30 min after sunset.

That may be the law, but unless your hunting the edge of a field there's not enough light for me. Bjh

$799, that's a lot of money for what you're getting. I'd go with a GPR long before I'd spend a dime on this thing. JMHO :grin:

Never heard of 'em.

How did they screw up that lock placement? Holy cow that is bad. I don't get it. Even Traditions and CVA gets the locks properly placed on the panels.

Wow,

Did I say Wow yet???

That is ugly and horrid. Butt ugly, lock ugly and fore-end ugly.

Flinter in 1 in 28 twist. Talk about ridiculous.

It would look right at home in the back of a Ford Pinto or AMC Gremlin on the way to the range...

Please do muzzleloading a favor and don't buy it.

I have one and while it's not traditional looking and in my opinion a poor design it shoots outstanding with the stuff a shallow groove 1/28 twist is designed for. The L&R lock is pretty good.

The one I have doesn't get used much because I like roundball over other projectiles but it was only 500 bucks when I bought it. Pop cans at 100 are easy; I don't notice the ugly much when it can do that. They are GM barrels.

Rusty_Nail said:
The RMC Accusporter is a halfstock rifle, with a 1:28 twist GM barrel with removeable breechplug, an L&R Late English lock, laminated stock, aluminum ramrod, and trimmed with iron/blackened bling. It used to have the option of 1:60 PRB or 1:28 fast twist barrel.

Most guys I know that have one, or the one before it with a fixed breech, shoot those unmentionable projectiles with a synthetic cup surrounding them or skirted with a synthetic belt.

RMC Accusporter

Pretty sure they could not make a less attractive gun if they intentionally designed it for maximum ugly. Even the wood to metal fit sucks.Lots of good used Flinters around for that price or less, and way better looking. I would definitely pass on the Accusporter, there would be zero resale market for it.

They're very popular in PA for our flintlock season. A couple guys in our camp have them and have taken their deer with them. Zero style points on these guns, but they're reliable and accurate.
I'm still using the fullstock Hawken I made 20 years ago. The roundball still works when properly placed.

richdeerht said:
They're very popular in PA for our flintlock season. A couple guys in our camp have them and have taken their deer with them. Zero style points on these guns, but they're reliable and accurate.
I'm still using the fullstock Hawken I made 20 years ago. The roundball still works when properly placed.

They do use a good barrel and lock, but the stock design is disgusting. Note, that IS a late style lock with full waterproof pan. I think that I know who makes the stocks, and he uses the pattern provided to him. :td: Laminated birch must be dirt cheap. :td:

It's a gun maker's impression of a Picasso! Or, it could be an early April Fools joke. Or, the one gun you leave out of the safe so as to ensure the thieves don't take anything. One look at that thing and they'll KNOW there's nothing of value in the house. :shocked2:

Col. Batguano said:
It's a gun maker's impression of a Picasso! Or, it could be an early April Fools joke. Or, the one gun you leave out of the safe so as to ensure the thieves don't take anything. One look at that thing and they'll KNOW there's nothing of value in the house. :shocked2:

:thumbsup:

In FML's world, beauty is only a light switch away. :haha:

The lock and barrel are good and it has a decent single trigger but the laminated stock is horrible as is the way it's mounted with a cross bolt and removable breech plug.

The stock will swell in wet weather and impact will change. I sanded the channel a bit on mine and covered the stock with Birchwood Casey Tru-oil to correct that. Probably should have glass bedded the channel but that can be done later if the Tru-Oil treatment doesn't prevent the stock sucking up the moisture. Seems to be much better now though. While I wouldn't buy one again it's actually is a nicely balanced rifle and shoots very well offhand.

My favorite rifle has been my TC PA Hunter over the years and shoots ball outstanding. I also like the Lyman Deerstalker when I know I will be in the thick stuff but it's not all that great for longer offhand shots.

Latest posts

Back