• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ROA Front Sight Blade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwolf

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The front sight blade on my ROA is too low and I need a taller one. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thanks - OldWolf

While I can't say for sure, this outfit may be able to help you out. Click on "front sights" and consider contacting them for further details:
[url] http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/shop/[/url]

Let us know if it works out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem with my ROA and had seen a posting on another web site that Ruger had a fix part available. I called Ruger and explained the situation and they sent me a new front sight (free of charge and no shipping charge). The part # is MRO3611. Boy, was I pleasently surprised. You'll need to drill a small hole in it for the pin, but other than that you're good to go.

As stated, Ruger will send you a taller blade but it is not drilled. You have to drill it. Take my advice and do your best to make sure that the blade is shimmed so that it is exacty perpendicular. I did this on a Ruger SBH and the front sight blade is pinned in with a cant. It bugs the living daylights out of me.

Does your Ruger replacement sight look like the tall sight in the photo?

Would someone with a stainless Blackhawk 45LC 4-5/8" barrel tell me what the height is of the front sight please? I have heard that these are pretty tall and that I might be able to use one of them on my Ruger Old Army with a pinned front sight blade.

In this dark photo you can see the sight on my 1982 OA has a taller sight than my 1994 OA on the right.

The short one is .285" and the tall one is .395". Both are pinned. I can't get the short sighted one on target (it shoots 8" high at 25 yards), so, I need a taller sight.

FrontSights.jpg

Thanks - Oldwolf

I just found this in the new Ruger Blackhawk parts list:

Front Sight Blade-.45LC (7 1/2” bbl.) MR03611 Blackhawk - Stainless Models $4.50

What is the diameter if the hole that needs to be drilled?

Does anyone have a spare one they can spare? Mine went flying across the room when I was installing a new front sight on my SS Old Army!

Thanks - OldWolf

Latest posts

Back