• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ROA holster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george tennant

32 Cal.
Reaction score
bought a new to me ROA with adjusable sites and i think a7 1/2 barrel ,what is a good holster ? a cheap nylon holster is ok , will a holster for a ruger black hawk work ? or will that be to small because of the ROA ramrod and the ROA frame is a little longer ?

Any holster that fits a Remington New Army 1858 should work, there are a lot available from various makers that do Cowboy Action stuff. By from what I've seen, Swampy's can't be beat!

It would be a shame to put a cap and ball revolver in a nylon holster, IMHO. :wink:

But money is always an issue, and you may not want to spend $100 and up for a holster, which I completely understand! Civil war flap holsters will probably work and can be found from $35 to $85, depending on the quality. Midway has a very basic holster for an Remington New Army for about $20 that should do. Link

Have fun with your new gun!

thanks fellers thats what i wanted to know, what other gun holsters would fit it , might try stumpys ,do want a good holster ,but laid off right now and i dont think i will be carrying it much till deer season ,thank yea

Rem700nut- Quick...look in the classified secton. Swampy has just what you are looking for.
He does good work. I can personaly vouch.

Back