• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

robbed blind

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwtradegun

50 Cal.
Reaction score
last week of turkey season I was in north east ga. mountains. I was hog hunting. on thurs. I came back to camp a sunset. found my stuff gone. cooler, stove, sleeping bag etc.

There is a special place in hell for thieves and I believe it may be shared with lawyers. Sucks when you can't leave your campsite without worrying if you will have anything left when you return.

I've been camping many times and have never been robbed. Sorry to hear about this.

MeatStick said:
There is a special place in hell for thieves and I believe it may be shared with lawyers. Sucks when you can't leave your campsite without worrying if you will have anything left when you return.

Couldn't agree more.

Make you feel a bit shorted by our religion, I mean if someday I catch a robber in the act, out in the woods where a body would be sooooo easy to hide. And I don't kill him out right :idunno:

Well I'm not saying I want 72 virgins :doh:

But a brace of good coon hounds & the knees to keep up :idunno: seems like a fare incentive for not taking that oh so easy shot at the &%&$er loading my gear into his pickup.

hope that gave you a laugh rj

Same here------ but when I was a young fellow I learned of the theft of an entire camp, tent everything. A few days later I learned who had done the deed. I contacted law enforcement through a 3rd. person, said I knew who had done the deed and if they would only scare hell out of the young fellow I would tell. They did and I did. The owner got his stuff back and the young man (as far as I know) never did a trick like that again.

I have known and hired both thieves and murderers.

By far, the most honest and hardest working were the murderers. You can't trust a thief .. no matter what. :td:

So...what else is new? The "modern age" of anything goes is upon us and you have just been the recipient. In a way you were lucky that your gun wasn't there.

Our elk camp is at 10,200 ft elevation and so far we've had no problems....but, the wallets are never left in camp.

If this thievery of hunting camps becomes lucrative and the "word" gets around, it will become more prevalent and will greatly diminish the joys of a hunting camp.....Fred

RJ. Sorry to hear about the camp being stolen Its a shame that a man can't even go on a peaceful camping trip without having to worry about what may happen while he away from his camp site :( look out the bright side at least you didn't hear banjo music playin while wandering around in those Georgia hills :blah:

That is just so damn aggravating. I once lost a .44 caliber 3 screw Ruger the same way. When I went out for my morning hunt, I put it under my bed roll and when I returned it was gone. On a similar note, I have this fantasy about catching someone syphoning gas, and I shoot their gas can with a tracer round. Use your imagination for the result........Robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kinda odd that years ago hunting camps were safe from theft....no longer the case. That's a "cute" quote but isn't relevant to this modern time of ever increasing crime.

A total lack of consideration for other people is the norm nowadays....Fred

Back