• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Round ball projectiles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S&N Outdoors

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi i wanna get into muzzleloader hunting I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use round ball projectiles for deer hunting in Illinois I can’t seem too find anything that says you can/can’t all I can find is that you can’t use FMJ Bullets it has too be soft point of expanding and I’m not sure what round ball projectiles would be classified under.

Looks like no answer - I'll dive in! I'm in Michigan, but have several friends in Illinois that hunt. They all use round ball.

Hi i wanna get into muzzleloader hunting I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use round ball projectiles for deer hunting in Illinois I can’t seem too find anything that says you can/can’t all I can find is that you can’t use FMJ Bullets it has too be soft point of expanding and I’m not sure what round ball projectiles would be classified under.
Yes you can

https://dnr.illinois.gov/content/da...irearmandMuzzleHarvestReportingSheetFINAL.pdf

You don't hunt now do you?

Back