• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Round patch cutter picture!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after reading some post, the wright way to use this tool is while applying pressure you twist to cut the patch ?
do you cut one at the time or multiple patches ?

I typically cut 12 layers at a time and have done 18 a few times.
I am not an advocate of putting these things in a drill press. I could imagine the results of loose fabric dragging me into the cutter!

I press down and get about a 1/4 turn to the left and back to the right. Cutting inot a plactic cutting board or such, I can actually hear the fabric being cut.

I typically cut 12 layers at a time and have done 18 a few times.
I am not an advocate of putting these things in a drill press. I could imagine the results of loose fabric dragging me into the cutter!

I press down and get about a 1/4 turn to the left and back to the right. Cutting inot a plactic cutting board or such, I can actually hear the fabric being cut.

thank you Brett sr
me either not to keen after reading to use a drill press
how about putting the cutter in the unplug drill press, putting the pressure on the cloth and turning the chuck back and fourth?
I ask you this because may be you have to put a lot of pressure by hand if not I will skip the drill press and do it your way

Doesn't take a lot of pressure if the cutter is sharp.
I prefer to cut mine on the kitchen table, work surface is about 32 inches. But I'm 6'2", so this works real well for me.
Direct downward pressure!

Back