• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ruger Old Army foresight....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Wow' indeed! I never got around to contacting anybody stateside about the making of a foresight - with ITAR lurking over us like the Sword of Damocles, and with some VERY bad dealings with Liberty Tree I limit my dealings with necessities that I can obtain legally from The Gun Works in Springfield OR, not far from where we live part of the year in normal times.

And I already HAVE a set of Pachmayrs! I teach people to shoot, particularly handgun, and one of the things I strongly recommend is the highest possible grip on ANY handgun in order to limit the effect of a rotating handgun in the hand. Y'see, here in UK, ANYBODY can shoot my ROA at a guest day, but NOBODY but me can shoot my other Ruger - one that doesn't use BP.

Thanks for the load advice, though - I've been using 25gr of 3F for so long - with great success, I might add, given that I have to use my imagination about where to aim - that I'd overlooked the benefits of a lighter load. Unlike the ;old days' where I used my ROA for skittle shooting, I don't shoot any kind of reactive targets now, mainly because they are prohibited in short ranges 25yd/m here in UK. Might even save myself some precious BP....especially in view of the fact that on a guest day we can happily blow away half a pound of pricey powder!

Best to all here!

I found that 17 gr bp Swiss 3f with a .457 round ball and wad over powder gave me the most accurate load at 25 yards.
Why can't any one else shoot your other Ruger that does not use BP?

Latest posts

Back