• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ruger old army parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can usually find a few parts for them on the auction sites. don't know if the factory has any inventory for them or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruger does not even offer nipples much less parts, do not damage a Ruger and depend on them to offer parts for sale.

Wonder how they now honor the lifetime warranty? I needed warranty work once in 1990's and was fast and excellent (frame cracked). Today what could/would they do??

Sadly, the fat lady at Ruger has sung.

There are no nipples to be had from Ruger.

If you damage the loading lever, there are no parts to be had from Ruger.

I do not use the loading lever to load ROA's, I only use the loading press from Powder Inc. to load the cylinder out of the pistol.

Track of the wolf does carry nipples for the Ruger Old Army.

Nipples can be found from various folks, but parts to repair a ROA cannot be found from Ruger.

Grips can be found since they fit modern Rugers.

Springs and nipples are readily available.
With the exception of the base pin getting bent due to forgetting to lock it, (easily straightened) I have never seen an issue on a ROA.

Maybe others can be more specific on what exactly they have SEEN fail on a ROA that may require parts. I'm curious.

A question for a previous post.
When has Sturm Ruger EVER offered a lifetime warranty?

If the reason behind the post is a determining factor in the purchase of a ROA.......

Personally I'm more concerned over encountering Bigfoot than I am needing parts for a ROA.

And yes if you cannot tell I am a ROA Fanboy.

Maybe not a lifetime I dunno :idunno:

Mine had a hairline crack develop (not from abuse) in the trigger guard area of the frame. It was a shooter and when taking for pigs once and not seeing any I elected to massacre the thousands of jack rabbits. Could not hit one to save myself so I set up a target and could hit it twice out of six (at 15 yds). Started looking and found the crack, sent off, returned in about 10 days with a free new cylinder (i had not even asked about a cylinder?)

for what it's worth, the grip-frame & most of the action parts are the same as for the Blackhawk.

azmntman said:
Maybe not a lifetime I dunno :idunno:

Mine had a hairline crack develop (not from abuse) in the trigger guard area of the frame. It was a shooter and when taking for pigs once and not seeing any I elected to massacre the thousands of jack rabbits. Could not hit one to save myself so I set up a target and could hit it twice out of six (at 15 yds). Started looking and found the crack, sent off, returned in about 10 days with a free new cylinder (i had not even asked about a cylinder?)

Blued or Stainless?
Your experience with Ruger customer service is about the same as mine. Very satisfied.

Ruger has no written warranty. They simply state they will stand behind their products. They site some legaleeze that warranties will vary by state law. So they choose to simply stand behind their products.

I bought several guns in the early 70's and one was a ruger old army. Don't remember exactly the year but I only had it about a year before it was stolen in a breakin at my home. I did not shoot it a lot then , maybe I was on the second pound of powder. A few years ago I was thinking of replacing it until I saw what used ones were selling for.

I would be interested in hearing what ruger is doing should there be a serious flaw. john

OK, since there appears to be a degree of confunglement here about the spares situation and the ROA, this is the skinny direct from Sturm, Ruger etc from three years ago, bearing in mind that the ROA - the MOST-bought single-action BP revolver of the modern era ever - was discontinued in 2008.

1. I bought the very last FOUR stainless steel receiver screws in existence, at $6 each.

2. There are NO nipples.

3. There are no cylinder base-pins.

4. A noted above, there are positively no parts that are not common with the Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk.

I asked about Ruger's 'policy' of supporting their products for a ten-year period after cessation of production.

There was no real response to that.

There IS, however, some good news, providing that all you want are replacement nipples. 'Uncle Mikes' of Oregon make perfect replications for a measly $20 or so.

I've been getting mine from that famous store in Springfield OR [Hi there Jim and Suzi] for my pals here in yUK. I strongly advise you all to do likewise.

Tell them I sent you, eh?

tac

PS - this subject has been the basis of a long-standing and fractious thread in this forum a while back. It might be worth the OP having a look at it to get the feeling of just how P***** folks can get when the best BP revolver ever made gets the worst service ever from its makers.

Latest posts

Back