• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ruger Old Army value

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just at the local gun shop they have a blued one in very good condition(whish it was stainless) gun looks like it has been shot very little, comes with a extra un-mentionable taylors cly. and the easy remove cly. pin set up from belt mountain, Ampco nipples and a trigger that breaks at 3 lbs. $999.99 out the door, Someone had some work done to it. if I did not just buy a un-mentionable 1875 remmy I would of walked out with the Ruger. Might have too give this one some thought.

Ensure the hammer does not exhibit “push off” due to the work it’s had done. When cocked, firmly push on the back of the hammer. If it slips the sear it is obviously not safe.

Was just at the local gun shop they have a blued one in very good condition(whish it was stainless) gun looks like it has been shot very little, comes with a extra un-mentionable taylors cly. and the easy remove cly. pin set up from belt mountain, Ampco nipples and a trigger that breaks at 3 lbs. $999.99 out the door, Someone had some work done to it. if I did not just buy a un-mentionable 1875 remmy I would of walked out with the Ruger. Might have too give this one some thought.
Well in my opinion only the blued ROA's are the real deal as the stainless in not rustless and looks as an anathema to percussion era revolvers.

No push off, who ever done this work looks too me top notch. I have a feeling this was used for CASS and someone inherited it, did not want the gun and decided too sell it, as it is a commission piece. Like I said I just bought a un-mentionable pistol and am currently waiting on the paper work too come back or I would of bought the Ruger. But it is still in the thinking process, just have too convince the boss lady. Really do not need another one but this is a really nice pistol, and I am looking for a stainless one.

Last year another shooter in our club offered me £750 for my early ROA. That, Friends, is the equivalent of $1057.00.

Like I said, that was LAST year.

There are two in one of my LGS - each one is priced at £800 - $1130.

These guns are exploding in popularity as anything and everything “gun” is hotter than heck right now.

The word is out on the Old Armys and many shooters of unmentionables are pouncing on them for prepper reasons and because unmentionable ammo is hard to get now.

The Rugers are long out of production and Ruger no longer will work on them. They use parts from an obsolete pattern of single actions from that company and parts are no longer compatible with currently made ones.

My $0.02? They are excellent guns but the prices and collectors value on them are skyrocketing with no end in sight. Spare parts are difficult to find. That should factor into things if you intend the gun to fill a workhorse style slot.
There is no blackpowder revolver in current production that equals the Old Army. Some of them are close but no cigar... Which is why a responsible man will have two of them. Minimum...

on the other hand... they’re incredibly solid and built of high quality materials. There’s not much to go wrong with proper care and feeding. I’m sure many of us have had them in regular service as long as the parent Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks with zero issues. Hell, there are SAA’s running original innards from the turn of the previous century.

Buy it if you can or lock it down with a good deposit. For that
money you cannot go wrong. The ROA is a legacy revolver.
The blued steel is awesome and tough. The stainless is also
fine but reflects light all over. These ROAs are the recommended self defense revolvers, of black powders,
by duelist 1954-- Mike. Ask for layaway,that gun will go.

There is no blackpowder revolver in current production that equals the Old Army. Some of them are close but no cigar... Which is why a responsible man will have two of them. Minimum...

on the other hand... they’re incredibly solid and built of high quality materials. There’s not much to go wrong with proper care and feeding. I’m sure many of us have had them in regular service as long as the parent Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks with zero issues. Hell, there are SAA’s running original innards from the turn of the previous century.

I plan to fire my original Colt Model P Frontier Six Shooter with black powder loads

No push off, who ever done this work looks too me top notch. I have a feeling this was used for CASS and someone inherited it, did not want the gun and decided too sell it, as it is a commission piece. Like I said I just bought a un-mentionable pistol and am currently waiting on the paper work too come back or I would of bought the Ruger. But it is still in the thinking process, just have too convince the boss lady. Really do not need another one but this is a really nice pistol, and I am looking for a stainless one.
Buy it and I’ll trade a stainless for the whole package

Once the paper work clears for the un-mentionable 1875 remmy I will see about buying the ruger, As too the trade probably not. Unless you are willing too include the work on the stainless one that has been done too the blued one. We will see how it goes.

Back