• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS 1075 Plus VS CCI #11 Test--Surprise

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today, as a project and excuse to shoot I decided to do a comparison between RWS and CCI #11 caps. I used my .50 cal. Investarms Hawken at 50 yards off the bench. I used a new container of 3F Schuetzen BP. 60 grains. I shot in groups of 3 alternating so that barrel temp and condition would be equal throughout the test. I don't have to swab between shots. I attempted to use a 6 o'clock POA for each shot. Avg. FPS for RWS was 1432. For CCI it was 1438. You can see the accuracy results below. I'm not trying to make a case, just posting my experience with my gun. I did zero in the sights to shoot POA after the testing.
DSC_0980.JPG
DSC_0981.JPG

Wow, that shows a signifcant increase in accuracy with the CCI #ll. I wonder if the hotter RWS cap may have something to do with it. I think a comparison of the RWS caps and CCI Magnum caps would be interesting as they are comparable.

That's interesting since the average velocity difference of 6 FPS is insignificant. Did you note a velocity spread difference between the two brands? Just guessing I would say that the RWS would have a larger velocity spread than the CCI.
You would think so. Both had high and low outlier velocities. 172 spread for RWS and 206 for CCI but most for both was within 40 or so. More precise powder measurement could be done and a better shooter would improve the test. For me, it showed me that CCI #11's are not junk caps. At least not that batch. Off hand, with either caps, the gun will shoot better than me. Good 'nough.

Wow, that shows a signifcant increase in accuracy with the CCI #ll. I wonder if the hotter RWS cap may have something to do with it. I think a comparison of the RWS caps and CCI Magnum caps would be interesting as they are comparable.
Well maybe rate of burn could have something to do with it even though the velocities are the same. Getting above my level.

Back