• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slowpoker,
www.dixiegunworks.com also but Cains has
better prices.Either site requires a $20 HazMat
fee weather you buy a hundred or 10,000.
snake-eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
slowpokebr549 said:
Where can I find a good,cheap source of RWS caps?

Good? There are several. Cheap? Good luck! The dollar's through the floor against the Euro, and German caps are going through the roof. :cursing:

I recently went with CCI's. No more RWS caps for me. I have found the CCI's work better in my Hawkens anyways. They don't leave that white cement rock hard residue and clog the nipples like the newer better hotter extra collossally cool RWS Plus caps do.

American made CCI's for me from now on. :thumbsup:

I have 2,500 RWS caps left and I'll trade ya out for the same number of regular old CCI's.

I would trade ya if I had em. My pistol is just more reliable with rws for some reason. CCI's work just fine for everything else I own. My ruger doesnt seem to whack cci's hard enough.

slowpokebr549 said:
Where can I find a good,cheap source of RWS caps?

Blockade Runner ( www.blockaderunner.com ) offers RWS No. 1081 muskets caps, $17.95 for 200 caps, $9.95 for 100 caps and $4.95 for #11 caps.

Shipping is $10 but they do not charge for the "HazMat fee".

Last edited by a moderator:
The blockade must be working! :rotf:

Cain's has RWS musket caps for $9.45 per 200 or $47.25 per 1000. This is per the new price list for Catalogue Number 4.

Darn tootin' it is! :cursing:

I hear the N-SSA sutlers are trying to hold to $42 per thou for Spring Nationals, but don't know if they can. May creep closer to $50. Two years ago they were $24. :surrender:

I bought 8 boxes of Remingtons for 25 cents a box at Walmart at the end of hunting season.

Who sells these? Cain's doesn't have them listed.

I've always liked the German caps and have never had any misfires with them. I have noticed in the last batch I bought that they are not varnished as well as the old ones. I don't know that they will handle damp weather as well as they used to.

Years ago we used Eley's caps. They were good. All I have left is an empty tin and a label.

KanawhaRanger; I buy mine locally but I brought up the Dixi website and I see that they sell them. I'm guessing many other places too.

Respectfully,

Ogre

Latest posts

Back