• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE S/S Nipples......Doc Hawkens "DRACHON" Nipples #11 for Rifles and Shotguns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale
1/4 x 28 Thompson and others
M6 x .75 Lyman and others
M6 x 1 Traditions and others
These are very high quality and limited
Pack of 50 (Fifty) $160.00 delivered USA
Paypal prefered or USPS MO
Pack of 5 (Five) $25.00 delivered USA
Nipples 4.jpg

Depth of thread approx 7/32
dia of exit flash hole approx 3/64
Material Stainless Steel
Made in Europe
Length of cone 7/32
I hope this helps

I see they are listed in the "For Sale" portion of the forum. Are you the importer and retail seller? Are you Doc Hawkens? No links so I assume there is no website. You have 11 posts to date and 6 of them are touting Doc Hawkens products. Please understand that I'm not trying to attack you but you are somewhat unknown here and we have had a rash of scams and attempted scams over the past several months and we are very wary. I did check eBay and find that you have a 100% feedback rating and have been a member since 2004. If you are promoting and selling items that would benefit the sport and also the members here we will welcome you with open arms and I may be the first; its just that knowing more about you and your products might put some member's minds at ease.

Yes ...I fully understand...I dont have a business as per say..I work as a private individual . I live in Montana and my wife is a schoolteacher. I am British and retired and this is just a hobby. I make most of the products you see on Ebay from raw materials. I dont put many messages on the forum but I do read a lot.
If I sell some products here I will certainly donate a portion to the site...I am here if anyone has any questions and if anyone is interested in the nipples or any other products I make let me know..I put my phone # in every sale I make so you can call me anytime
cheers

Yes ...I fully understand...I dont have a business as per say..I work as a private individual . I live in Montana and my wife is a schoolteacher. I am British and retired and this is just a hobby. I make most of the products you see on Ebay from raw materials. I dont put many messages on the forum but I do read a lot.
If I sell some products here I will certainly donate a portion to the site...I am here if anyone has any questions and if anyone is interested in the nipples or any other products I make let me know..I put my phone # in every sale I make so you can call me anytime
cheers
Two things are for sure! You are a very good machinist and you have excellent eyes! People that didn't grow up in a machine shop can't understand how delicate the work can be! Making nipples is easy setting up to make them is a nightmare. Your product looks well made, very good job! I don't know what you charge but it isn't enough! LOL!

Hi. Do the Pedersoli 20 gauge Howdah and Pedersoli 12 gauge sxs take any of these nipples? I’m being lazy I suppose. Thanks in advance.

edit to add: 1/4 28 looks right for Howdah at least.

Last edited:
If you were able to mix and match sizes to get to that 50 for $160.00 pricing that would be a great thing. Those of us that wouldn’t need 50 of one type but could use several of a few types would benefit. My 2 cents.

There are so many different type of thread out there I only got the three most common

and Yes you can mix and match any amount
cheers
Doc

Last edited:
Hi. Do the Pedersoli 20 gauge Howdah and Pedersoli 12 gauge sxs take any of these nipples? I’m being lazy I suppose. Thanks in advance.

I have a 1996 Tryon and it has 1/4X28 nipple threads. It also accepts RWS 1075 and regular #11 caps. Hope this helps!

Doc
I would like to order nipples. Here is my problem, I have a project gun that was converted to percussion in the early 90s, no clue what the tread is. The drum was never installed correct and needs shortened. Can I mail you the drum to get correct size?
With kind regards
3 trees

I just ordered some for my Pedersoli 10 gauge, I’ll let you know if these work.

Doc
I would like to order nipples. Here is my problem, I have a project gun that was converted to percussion in the early 90s, no clue what the tread is. The drum was never installed correct and needs shortened. Can I mail you the drum to get correct size?
With kind regards
3 trees
Sure
Doc Hawkens
po box 91
Harlem
Montana 59526

Hello Dochawkens,
By any chance do you make #11 nipples for Pietta pistols? My reason is that they come with #10 nipples and those are near impossible tp find. However #11 are more readily accessible. So it just make sense to have conversion nipples. I think the threads are 6x.75. Just wondering. Thanks,,

Sorry...I have 6 x .75 but I think the cone is too long for pietta. Have you tried putting a #11 cap on your gun? It might work

@thehawkendoctor shipped the nipples and they have arrived in Va. great quality, fast shipping. However, they are a no go for the Pedersoli shotgun. Perfect for the TC Encore and CVA Trapper.

Back