• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Safely firing an antique gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexis

32 Cal
Reaction score
So I picked up an antique gun on gunbroker a few months back and still haven’t gotten around to shooting it.

I can’t help but wonder how or where to start when it comes to starting to dump powder down the barrel of a gun from the 1800’s, and wanting to be safe about it.

The seller said they had loaded it up to 90gr of 2f. Which I don’t doubt…BUT I’m not willing to bet my life on it.

Just wondering if anyone has some advice about how to go about starting to shoot this gun, but with some sense and safety in mind.

Latest posts

Back