• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My advice to India gun buyers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the more I look at that proof test I have to disagree with it.

for a 62 cal pistol....

I thought the proper test would be 2 times the amount of expected powder used and 2 - 62ish caliber round balls.

I have a 62 cal and normally shoot 40 grains of 3F........que arguments that any more powder is just burning after flying out the barrel or not at all.

so I would think 80 or even 100 grains of 3F and two .600 patched balls would be appropriate.

certainly not 4F powder. I use that in my pan and .31 cal colt pockets only.

I sure hope my pedersoli 12 gauge double did not have 4F proof tested in it !!!!! (yes I know Italian proof house and not hungarian)

just my thoughts and 2 cents. I respect and subscribe to the capandball channel........but disagree with the CIP testing method used.

camo

Sending parts kits would cause problems; the parts, not having been "settled" into place with connecting parts, would be a manure shoot as to final fit. You'd find screw holes and mating surfaces all over the place. I trust the owners of Veteran Arms, M/H, Middle-sex, whoever, to work with the factories, receive the items, inspect them, etc., before shipping out to our anxious hands! :rolleyes:
I had a Middlesex double barrel come into the shop. The breech plugs were 1/4" long. Would you want to shoot that?

Back