• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sausages

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made three batches.
Elk- Paprika, Beet Root powder Black Pepper Garlic Bacon Fat
Bison Lamb- Beet Root Powder Black Pepper Garlic Duck Fat.
Pork Loin- Garlic Onion Marjoram Basil Dried Apricots Black Pepper Bacon fat

Doing BBQ today to sample them.

Attachments

• IMG_6448_ElkSausage-1000.jpg
    IMG_6448_ElkSausage-1000.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6501_BisonLambSausage-1000.jpg
    IMG_6501_BisonLambSausage-1000.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6779_Pork-1000.jpg
    IMG_6779_Pork-1000.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 0
... I'm German, never met a sausage I didn't like. Add some cheese, a few crackers and a bottle of wine I am in heaven.
Ditto, and I'm not even German. Can't beat sausages and cheese for a real tasty repast.

Those pics the OP posted are stimulating my salivary glands .... where is a drooling emoji when you really need one?

and where do we place an order. I'm German, never met a sausage I didn't like. Add some cheese, a few crackers and a bottle of wine I am in heaven.

There's an infinite variety of recipes to try. I include 3 favourites on an old web page of mine (near the bottom). The "Saucisses au Champagne" is tricky to press because it's so slushy but freeze it for several months and then try it and all those flavours will have blended well over that time.

http://surfin_dude.tripod.com/creative/sausage/twistlinks.html

Made three batches.
Elk- Paprika, Beet Root powder Black Pepper Garlic Bacon Fat
Bison Lamb- Beet Root Powder Black Pepper Garlic Duck Fat.
Pork Loin- Garlic Onion Marjoram Basil Dried Apricots Black Pepper Bacon fat

Doing BBQ today to sample them.

Sausages, especially hard, dry cured, are like the perfect Living History food or Trekking Ration. Heck even the novel about Rogers' Rangers had them carrying bologna.

From The Art of Cookery 1769 by E. Taylor

SAUSAGES
TAKE three pounds of pork free from fat and skin, cut it into small pieces, and add to it two pounds of lard free from skin, beat it together in a mortar till fine. Season with nutmeg, mace, pepper and salt. Mix the seasonings well amongst it, and fill small skins well cleaned. N. B. The sausage meat may be kept in a mug, and the skins filled as you want them. Put in a little strong beer amongst the meat, with which you fill the skins, but not into the mug amongst the sausage meat.

LD

Back