• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Say a little prayer for me...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go get 'em Pork chop!

:thumbsup:

I'll be out there too, second weekend of ml season here, so far it's deer 1, Spot 0... :haha:

Spot

You will be at the top of my prayer list Pork Chop. You lucky dawg,it'll be 4 more weeks till I get out of south Fl. to go huntin' for a few days before turkey day :( But I'll be back after em' for 3 weeks during Christmas :)Good Luck to ya & Good Shootin' :thumbsup:

Hi Pork Chop!

A prayer to holly Hubertus and Waidmanns Heil to you! :thumbsup:

Kirrmeister

damn the meat, n bless the crisp skin, pass the bread n lets all begin, chow down cause Pork Cops gonna put meat on the table. Breath n squeeze brother, breath n squeeze

Pork Chop said:
'cause tomorrow morning is HUNTING SEASON!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Good luck...
Rule #1: Dont shoot yourself
Rule #2: Don't shoot anybody else
Rule #3: Have a good time!

Thanks all for the well wishes! Here is the report...

I was hunting with two buddies in an area that we hunted last year, but was not open to scouting before this weekend. We went out in pitch black darkness of 5am and got loaded up and off we went. As we hiked along, I kept a flashlight on the ground for tracks and found NOTHING! I was not feeling the love...

Well, we got to where we were going and split up. I found what appeared to be a good spot and set up for the dawn. The flying leeches (mosquitoes) darned near carried me away! I think I lost a pint of blood this morning.

As dawn arose, I would occasionally hear a non-descript noise, but nothing consistent. One of my partners walked past after about a half hour of daylight. A short while later, I got up to scout for sign. Well, I found abundant amounts of deer tracks, racoon tracks, hog rootings, and gator tracks :shocked2: - those were only about 30 or so feet away, and were fresh after last night's rain. Still, no critters. So I still hunted a bit with no success.

I figured now was as good a time as any to regroup and come up with a plan. Then I heard the hogs! They were rooting and having a good time at the end of a pond nearby. I worked my way over there and got REALLY close - but could not see them for the brush. I could clearly hear them though. Unfortunately, the brush was so thick that when we tried to go in, they heard us and got spooked.

Well, to bring this drawn out story to an end, as we were making our way out there were deer tracks EVERYWHERE across where we walked in. :cursing:. As we walked on, I spotted a squirrel at about 10 paces. The CVA Mountain Rifle spoke, and the roundball being pushed by 80 grains of fffG inflicted injury upon the squirrel. I am concerned though. I didn't get a pass through....

His entire head just disappeared. Should I up my load for squirrels? :haha: Maybe next time I will get something a bit bigger to sweeten the pot...

Sounds like a fine way to spend the day. :thumbsup:

Hope you get a chance a some bigger game next time out.

It was a nice day in spite of the lack of game. I went out again today. As soon as we got to the management area, there was a hog standing in the road! He ambled off before I got loaded :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: - I shot at two squirrels - and am thoroughly embarrassed to say that I missed both of them - and then broke my ramrod. Today was not such a great day afield. There will be more though!

Pork Chop said:
It was a nice day in spite of the lack of game. I went out again today. As soon as we got to the management area, there was a hog standing in the road! He ambled off before I got loaded :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: - I shot at two squirrels - and am thoroughly embarrassed to say that I missed both of them - and then broke my ramrod. Today was not such a great day afield. There will be more though!

Don't forget, a bad day in the field is better than a good day at work.

HD

Thanks Rocky J. I did have a nice day afield, just a few disappointments and those will fade with time. Any time in the field is good providing that I don't get hurt...

Well, tomorrow is the last day of Muzzleloader here. I will be going out again, so if you can, include me in your prayers again!

Back