• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

scounting for elk AKA first day of kindergarten

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I'm a single dad now that the wife is in nursing school because it's the one job here in CO you have to be a legal citizen and speak English( so far), so I registered my daughter for full time class so I wouldn't have to break away mid day to pick her up this winter when mt roof shoveling business is in full swing.
But we were denied full time eligibility because full time class is set aside for children of illegals who can't speak English :barf:
So we, the wife and I said the hell with it we are home schooling until we resettle in MT.
First day of Kindergarten, scouting for elk.

DSCF4787.jpg

DSCF4793.jpg

As we were hiking up into alpine country, dad walked right by fresh elk signe.
thank god the kid was paying attention in class.
Dad did you miss this poop?
DSCF4805.jpg

DSCF4810.jpg

DSCF4815.jpg

DSCF4823.jpg

DSCF4828.jpg

So the kid gets a A+ and elk bratz for lunch

Greenmtnboy, The beauty of your surroundings is reflected in your attitude. Keep on keeping on! :hatsoff: :thumbsup:
Robby

:thumbsup: If she ain't the luckiest "student" in town, I'd like to know who is. I must also mention that her classroom surpasses any that can be built by school districts, even with their endless resources (taxes). I envy you and her. Keep up the good work obviously well started.

Vern

Nice to see a true "no child left behind" education plus a school lunch program as well... :thumbsup:

Might want to be careful tho, that elk might be considered a "fast food"... and deemed unhealthy. :wink:

Great pics!! You are truly blessed. Great location and truly wonderful family!!!!

She is getting a MUCH better education than waiting in class for the other kids to learn English. I have lived on the Southern Border all my 52 years and I thank God I will be in Washington within the year(insert crossed fingers here!)

You are an Excellant Father. Keep up the good work

Pat

Attaboy! Your daughter is one very lucky kid to have parents like you two. The education she will receive- in processing information, and understanding systems-- will put her far ahead of classmates in years to come. Her seeing the Elk droppings is both a reflection on her prior training in tracking, and cutting sign, but also her small size, which puts both her NOSE and EYES closer to the ground than yours are. This is the time in her life to make her an excellent tracker. Its a skill that will serve her well wherever she goes and lives the rest of her life, as she will see more things than others around her, and recognize their significance. That will make her a much better student, and problem solver when she grows up. :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

thanks brother,
My sister has lived in Sedona for twenty five years, she nows has to carry a semi auto 9mm drawn and cocked on her way to her truck after working a shift as a hostess. She has been attacked twice by Mexicans because she is a short woman going home at night.
I told her aim low so they can't breed.
I remember going to Jerome to hear music back twenty years ago.
Hell I won't even go visit her any more.
:shake:

No doubt Paul,
And dad is just smart enough to teach her first grade every evening for two hour.
:surrender: :hmm:

She'll get more out of that two hours than five hours in regular classes.

She is a beautiful young lady. You are a lucky guy.

Dad did you miss this poop?

It kinda looks like you stepped in it! :haha:

GM,
That is very, very cool! You are giving that beautiful young lady the things that no amount of money can purchase - your time and love. She is blessed beyond her knowing. Good Job!

Good Pictures too - I feel like singing the chorus from "Rocky Mountain High"

Greenmtnboy said:
thanks brother,
My sister has lived in Sedona for twenty five years, she nows has to carry a semi auto 9mm drawn and cocked on her way to her truck after working a shift as a hostess. She has been attacked twice by Mexicans because she is a short woman going home at night.
I told her aim low so they can't breed.
I remember going to Jerome to hear music back twenty years ago.
Hell I won't even go visit her any more.
:shake:

Would that be Jerome Idaho? Ron

Absolutely great job with raising your daughter! She'll be able to handle anything life throws at her.

You're living a life most dream of. I like the way you do it, right down to the bow and arrows in your canoe! (and the elk for lunch!) :thumbsup: Your doing it right, don't stop.

First rate learnin' there .She'll be far ahead of the rest at this pace...

spend as much time as you can with her and enjoy the journey brother!

one of the BEST posts I've read here

thanks for sharing

CHEERS :thumbsup:

I'm always ready for a bit of "schoolin" myself.

Your tinder in the pic. What is that stuff. Local grown?

marmotslayer said:
I'm always ready for a bit of "schoolin" myself.

Your tinder in the pic. What is that stuff. Local grown?

Morning buddy,
It's cottonwood duff from inside the bark.
lights very fast.
And we tons of it here in Gunnison along the river.
:thumbsup:

Back