• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scouting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho Ron

58 Cal.
Reaction score
So I was out scouting for a ML antelope hunt for my son. I got to the first water hole and it is dry :idunno:
I got to the second and it has been almost drained. I am thinking what the heck is going on. This morning I found out what is using up the water. And there is a lot of them. I put in for a tag but didn't get one. Ron

Bigoldbull1_zpsdbe6882c.jpg

Bigoldbull2_zpsee60756d.jpg

Bigoldbull3_zps58b607e9.jpg

Man, those are some nice pictures. It's odd to me to see elk out in the sagebrush like that. Here they are pretty much in the forest. Is that how it looks, the elk being pretty far from cover?

Mike, Yes. Here in Idaho since the wolves were brought back the elk that stayed the the trees are eaten. The ones that got out into the open are doing better. You often hear guys say that elk were plains animals. Well I know why. There were wolves back then. There is not a grove of trees for 20 miles in this area. The bed down in the sage and grass, and in the shade of rocks. Ron

And if you had drawn an elk tag, the water hole would be surrounded by antelope...I know first hand how that game is played.... :idunno:

Back