• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

scpe mounts for CVA Mountain rifle 50 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drboompa

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a 50 cal CVA Mountain rifle and would like to find a way to mount some kind of optics to assist very old eyes that do not see as well as they did. The rear sight only has one very small screw holding the rear sight and it seems impossible to me but am hoping some of you might have an answer.
If I can figure out the procedure, I will post pictures.

Here are the photos for the CVA Mountain rifle

th_rearsight1.jpg

th_Rearsight.jpg

gunsmith time...D&T it isn't hard for a decent one to do it....and you can mail the barrel to any of them....there are some good ones here on the forum.....
ask around~ :thumbsup:

I had not thought about that. How do I get the smiths on this forum to identify themselves??

Dixie Gunworks list one by Quic-Kee that fits 1" barrels but I don't see it listed for smaller diameters. I thought SSK or B-square used to offer one that clamped on but I can't find it now.

Enjoy, J.D.

There is nothing unusual about mounting a scope on a muzzle loader. Any competent gunsmith can do it. Even a knowledgeable machine shop should be able to drill and tap a few holes for you.

Moonman

Can you post a pic of it? or send a private message?

guess I had rather find a way to mount the scope witout the D&T even though I know it makes no difference. After all, its my gun! HA

Latest posts

Back