• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Screwdriver to fit Italian muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had Wheelers for decades. You basically have a decent handle, and will forever be buying new bit blanks to fit individual guns. I made a set of turn screws from some good high carbon steel. Drilled the mounting holes, tempered the blades, and ground to shape. I seldom touch the Wheeler's anymore.

I'd guess that Harbor Freight screwdrivers, being inexpensive, you could by and custom-grind to fit. If they buggered up, re-grind or buy more. I still say, if young, invest in the best high quality of real Gunsmith's screwdrivers; don't be like me and get old without one.
The tools that cost the most are invariably the crappiest ones in your kit. The chinese and indian etc. variety. You never get done buying those. Buy good tools, cry once , enjoy using them for a lifetime.

Latest posts

Back