• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sea Service Pistols?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cessnapilot89 said:
3+ Years?! My word that is a bloody long time.

I own one that took them twelve (12) years to make. Yes, it is a finished gun. The buyer had changed his personna and mind by the time it arrived and I ended up with it.

smd4 said:
Alden said:
I won't pretend a horrid movie was good because it was a period piece with black powder that could have been astounding! Take out every scene with Master And Commander Russel Crowe's love interest, the doctor: nothing's lost, much is gained, and then I'll change my mind.
If you had read any of the Maturin/Aubrey books that inspired the movie, you would understand just how well the movie did at capturing the overall flavor of the books.

I haven't and don't read OUT, The Advocate, Instinct Magazine, Metrosource, The San Francisco Bay Times, The Official New York City Pride Guide, Pink Magazine, Passport, Cybersocket, or Curve.

This thread is starting to remind me of the sub guys I used to work with. Their joke was that couples return from deployment. :rotf:

GoodCheer said:
But I don't know what that has too do with sea service pistols. :idunno:
Just an example of what staring out a port hole long enough can do to you! :haha:

What do you read? I have just got hooked on Luis Lamoir books I got when pop passed away. (dont tell the sisters of they will want their 1/3 of the cost of a used paperback)

Gentlemen:

This topic is about the Sea Service Pistol.

It is NOT about movies or books.

Lets stay on the original topic and stop trying to sidetrack things.

Rifle shoppe has everything minus the belt clip currently for a Sea Service Pistol. Looks like I know what I shall be ordering April 1st

You could file an 1803 lock to resemble that sea service one...They can be had with no markings. Tom

Ive done a little looking into this subject over the years..if the Hornblower series is what got yur dander up over the sea service pistol then you should look at Loyalist arms, Military heritage or other such sites that sell the guns made in india. I believe Military heritage is who actually supplied the guns for the series..also Master And commander..If you look real close in master and commander..some (not all) of the pistols are actually heavy dragoon pistols with a belt hook added..this was actually common practice. especially durring the napoleonic wars as the heavy dragoon pistol was being phased out as a cavalry weapon...I did such a "conversion" with my heavy dragoon pistol that i bought from Military Heritage back in 2004...still have the gun and i love it...The India made guns are actually fairly well made (i didnt say well, i said "fairly" well made) for the money..i actually sanded and re-finished mine and dulled the finish on the steel with a lil bleach..

Blackley and Son used to offer a complete Sea Service Pistol Kit, but discontinued it in January. They cast their own parts in house, so no waiting for the Rifle Shoppe to get around to send out for their casting. Although they don't sell the entire kit anymore, they do have parts for sale. In particular, here is a link to the belt clip you'll be needing for the Sea Service Pistol kit: http://www.blackleyandson.com/acatalog/Belt_Hooks.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, after talking with the fine folks at Blackley, they still have the kits, but are currently in the middle of a move and could send out a kit in late April. My only concern with their kit is carving the wood.

Latest posts

Back