• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"second" or "back -up" piece

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was blackbear hunting a few years back with my .50 flinter, I had a .50 cva for a backup. At one point a small bear entered my blind and the rifle was useless as the bear was to close for me to swing the rifle around. In that case the backup became my primary if it would of came to it.

I have a .54 Lyman Plains Pistol to go along with my GPR. I couldn't carry it in Ohio when we lived there and I haven't had a chance to carry it here in Texas. I also have an 1851 Navy .44 that I'd probably be more likely to carry when hunting hogs.

HD

Gollygee HF, You shoulda just stuck yer hand down his throat and got ahold of his tail and yanked him inside out and he'd a run tuther way. :rotf: :rotf: :haha:

only mine is rifled, the old ones were usually smoothies. 3- 00 buck balls, or 35 gr of #6, over powder wad, 35gr of fffg. boy, it scares me every time it goes off, but it is a lot of fun knowing that when your gun is empty you can scare something off with your pistol, or get a grouse for supper. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back