• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Second with the Flinter in as many years

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onojutta

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Got my second PA deer with a flintlock in as many years on Saturday. Was also the second deer of my life, the first also with flintlock last year. 75 years off-hand.

After sitting in my tree stand all morning until 9:30, I got down to take a walk and jumped her not far from my stand. She ran sway to about 75 yards and I yelled "Hey!". She then stopped to look back at the source of the noise which proved to be her fatal mistake. Hit her in the neck and she dropped where she stood.

.50 Lyman Trade Rifle, patched round ball

IMG_2312.jpg

Great job! I too took my first deer with a flintlock only a few years ago. I've been through a dry spell since then, but hope to drag one out of the woods this year.

What charger were you using? Great off-hand shot. (Were you aiming at the neck? :wink: )

Back