• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Senaca prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodiak777

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Can someone explain why these rifles sell for high prices? Even parts on Ebay go for unreal bids. I guess I'm not in the loop on this one. Even some TC Hawkens parts get rather high also.

The factory that makes them burned down some years ago and T/C did not choose to keep up production. The same goes for the Cherokee and Patriot pistol that were also made at the same factory.

They were a very fine, well made, rifle and are becoming scarce. Hence higher prices.

I expect to see the same thing with the Ruger Old Army revolver now that Ruger has quit making them.

Supply and demand!! As far as fit, finish, feel and balance, I would rather pay $5 or $600 for a nice Seneca verses a current new TC Hawken at $6 or $700 that they retail for now. :2

Ebay prices on Senecas and Cherokees are crazy. :youcrazy: You will find a little better prices at gunbroker or auctionarms on fully assembled muzzys.Ebay doesn't let them sell assembled muzzys.You must bid on barrel then another auction on stock. :youcrazy:

The command such high prices cause they are well made and no one else is making a rife of this quality in small calibers. It took me a while to get a Cherokee in 32 and a Sencea in 36, and don't plan to part with either.

How much is a well built quality rifle worth? If Thompson was still selling these they would retail for $700. I don't think $500 is out of line for a GOOD seneca, especially when a traditions crockett rifle is $400.

Latest posts

Back