• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SETN Doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy ill tell you guys when "boomer" barks it is quite the thump. I was hunting probably 150 yards above him and sound likes tank going off when he shot lol

Spikes must comprise a good percentage of your yearling bucks then.

Differences in deer genetics are always interesting. In my area, I rarely see true spike bucks (no other points) either in the woods or hanging on meat poles. Most yearlings here are sporting 4 - 8 point small basket racks already.

In SE Minnesota the DNR has implemented point restrictions - 4 on one side - and expects that protects 70% of yearlings. That would generally equate to about 1/3 of yearlings being 7 or 8 pointers already as a 1 x 4 or 2x4 would be pretty rare.

Back