• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shhhh... Be vewwy quiet...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
I'm huntin' wabbit.
HPIM0933.jpg

Have you ever had ignition problems in the field in those conditions? Beautiful photo; I would love to do a winter hunt like that one day.

Jethro...Good shooting...Looks like a blast..we had 8-10 inches of snow- X-mas eve-it rained hard all night now we have 7 inches with a nasty crust. Right now it's hard to sneak up on anything.
Got to love a wide brimmed hat to keep the snow and brush out of your eyes. Cabela's has one I use .Blaze orange felt. Looks like yours.
Enjoy the snow....Dan

appears ya got this nipple clean! :thumbsup: ).. :rotf: ..)

glad ya got out, great pic! :hatsoff:

How do you like that New Englander 12 Ga? I love mine. Didn't get out much with it this year, had to work 6 days during the small game season. Plan to get out during my vacation. Off til Jan 4 2010. WooHoo. :grin:

Loc: Jordanville, N.Y.
12-27-09 11:33 AM - Post#801269
In response to Jethro224

"appears ya got this nipple clean! ).. ..)

glad ya got out, great pic!"

"I had nutn ta due wit dis!"...HaHa ..knee slap...Knee slap ..roll on floor... wet my self! Funny!

Wolfbane said:
Have you ever had ignition problems in the field in those conditions? Beautiful photo; I would love to do a winter hunt like that one day.

Ever since I switched to real BP the only ignition problems I've had using caplocks were my own fault for not cleaning properly. :doh:
With my flinters I've had a few due to dull flints that I shoulda knapped sooner.

makeumsmoke said:
Jethro...Good shooting...Looks like a blast..we had 8-10 inches of snow- X-mas eve-it rained hard all night now we have 7 inches with a nasty crust. Right now it's hard to sneak up on anything.
Got to love a wide brimmed hat to keep the snow and brush out of your eyes. Cabela's has one I use .Blaze orange felt. Looks like yours.
Enjoy the snow....Dan

We had nothing but rain for DAYS before Christmas. Woke up to 48 degrees and rain Christmas morning that turned into snow and 20's by afternoon. Been snowing ever since. We probably have about 8 inches now. No crust tho.

I do love that old hat. I've had it for something like 20 years. It's my lucky deer huntin' hat. :thumbsup: Never saw a wool felt blaze orange one like it so I just pull a cheap knit watchcap over it to make it legal.

Old Sarge said:
How do you like that New Englander 12 Ga? I love mine. Didn't get out much with it this year, had to work 6 days during the small game season. Plan to get out during my vacation. Off til Jan 4 2010. WooHoo. :grin:

Yep, it's a 12ga cylinder bore New Englander. I really like it. It's a handy little, quick swinging shotgun. This was the first time I've had it out hunting. There'll be more. :thumbsup:

Have a great vacation. I hope you get to go harass some bunnies.

Waidmanns Heil to this nice grey flitzer! :thumbsup:

You have a real southern bavarian weather over there! :grin:

Regards

Kirrmeister

Jethro224 said:
makeumsmoke said:
Enjoy the snow....Dan

We had nothing but rain for DAYS before Christmas. Woke up to 48 degrees and rain Christmas morning that turned into snow and 20's by afternoon. Been snowing ever since. We probably have about 8 inches now. No crust tho.

I do love that old hat. I've had it for something like 20 years. It's my lucky deer huntin' hat. :thumbsup: Never saw a wool felt blaze orange one like it so I just pull a cheap knit watchcap over it to make it legal.

Jethro here's a pic of my hat -great for bunnys and grouse!..item # XK-940807 at Cabela's...the knit hat was a gift at x-mas...

IMG_0349.jpg

Back