• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shhhh... Be vewwy quiet...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro224 said:
RC said:
appears ya got this nipple clean! :thumbsup: ).. :rotf: ..)

Yep. I'll not be makin' that mistake again. :redface:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Jethro on a serious note...Now that I'm shooting flints..I find it is more reliable than my cap lock - at least with the flint you can see when the flint is worn-with the cappers it was always a guess. That part of side locks I don't miss....I had my share of hunting with Mr Murphy's Law .

makeumsmoke said:
Jethro224 said:
RC said:
appears ya got this nipple clean! :thumbsup: ).. :rotf: ..)

Yep. I'll not be makin' that mistake again.

Jethro on a serious note...Now that I'm shooting flints..I find it is more reliable than my cap lock - at least with the flint you can see when the flint is worn-with the cappers it was always a guess. That part of side locks I don't miss....I had my share of hunting with Mr Murphy's Law .

AND I (bein the nice guy...(fool) that I am, jus cleaned 2 of lil bro's ml's an big bro's ml an nephew's ml...ALL caplocks! what a PIA! pullin nipples out, cleanin drums,...dang I gotta convert these guys to flint......................or stop carin what their guns look like........ :shake:

love my flinters!

""AND I (bein the nice guy...(fool) that I am, jus cleaned 2 of lil bro's ml's an big bro's ml an nephew's ml...ALL caplocks! what a PIA! pullin nipples out, cleanin drums,...dang I gotta convert these guys to flint......................or stop carin what their guns look like........ :shake:

love my flinters!""

Jethro-If you didn't mother those boy's their guns would go south and you'd have no one to hunt with! All my guns shoot better clean..Good on ya!
[/quote]

:slap: Pay attention Dan. It was RC cleanin' his brothers guns. All I got is brother-in-laws. And I have a hard time keepin' track of who they are(changes from time to time...) much less if their guns are clean. :haha:

(Dan's been samplein' the eggnog again. :wink: )

Jethro224 said:
:slap: Pay attention Dan. It was RC cleanin' his brothers guns. All I got is brother-in-laws. And I have a hard time keepin' track of who they are(changes from time to time...) much less if their guns are clean. :haha:

(Dan's been samplein' the eggnog again. :wink: )

My Bad! ..What was I thinking ?..I was under the influence of my mothers Christmas stolen & fruit cake. We had the whole tribe here this year.Love those leftovers!

Try a Stormy Chromer wool hat. Made in Ironwood, Michigan. You may look more like Elmer Fudd with it and get some ribbing. I liked my blaze orange one so much that I bought a dark brown one for every day winter wear. And no, I don't own any stock in it.

smoothflinter said:
Try a Stormy Chromer wool hat. Made in Ironwood, Michigan. You may look more like Elmer Fudd with it and get some ribbing. I liked my blaze orange one so much that I bought a dark brown one for every day winter wear. And no, I don't own any stock in it.

Everyone in my family has a Kromer; my wife likes hers so much that she got one for her mother! Mine has the short bill for archery hunting.

Back