• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping to New York

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contact the New York State Police and ask them.

I wouldnt ask them Nazis squat. first they gonna ask all your pertinent information, and put you on a watch list. Then tell you "it depends". The less they know the better.

Attachments

• 371367273_854850206245023_8193653977118573708_n.jpg
    371367273_854850206245023_8193653977118573708_n.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm from NYS and I will admit that reading and trying to decipher our gun laws is confusing. Further complicated by law enforcement personnel with varying opinions, including NYS Police.

I sold a flintlock pistol about a year ago, and went to the sheriff's department to have it removed from my permit. NY requires that the muzzleloading pistol is on your pistol permit if you are going to fire it. Sheriffs Dept oversees all additions and deletions from the permits. The civil office there told me I had to go through an FFL to sell the gun.

That was never a requirement in the past, so I went to the local gun shop and asked them. They said not necessary, I could walk in to their store and buy a black powder pistol without the FFL background check.

I advised the sheriff's civil office, they verified with the gun shop and sent the necessary paperwork through to remove it from my permit. They did advise that NYS Police could have a different interpretation and may contact me.

Pretty sad when a college educated person can't read the laws of their state and figure out what is going on. Worse when the people who should know, aren't sure. So, to the OP -as for sending a muzzleloader to NYS? Who the hell knows.

I bought a Loyaist arms gun last year. Canada is finicky on shipping arms. So I got two boxes. A gun in one, unfireable in that safe, as the lock came in a different box

At some point (maybe already) they will likely get around to defining a firearm as simply the firing mechanism in a muzzleloader. Just the lock, whether flint or percussion, will be evil.

I'm from NYS and I will admit that reading and trying to decipher our gun laws is confusing. Further complicated by law enforcement personnel with varying opinions, including NYS Police.

I sold a flintlock pistol about a year ago, and went to the sheriff's department to have it removed from my permit. NY requires that the muzzleloading pistol is on your pistol permit if you are going to fire it. Sheriffs Dept oversees all additions and deletions from the permits. The civil office there told me I had to go through an FFL to sell the gun.

That was never a requirement in the past, so I went to the local gun shop and asked them. They said not necessary, I could walk in to their store and buy a black powder pistol without the FFL background check.

I advised the sheriff's civil office, they verified with the gun shop and sent the necessary paperwork through to remove it from my permit. They did advise that NYS Police could have a different interpretation and may contact me.

Pretty sad when a college educated person can't read the laws of their state and figure out what is going on. Worse when the people who should know, aren't sure. So, to the OP -as for sending a muzzleloader to NYS? Who the hell knows.

Attachments

• 300244499_662981742117497_6233638616788204400_n.png
    300244499_662981742117497_6233638616788204400_n.png
    366.2 KB · Views: 0
Back