• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Short on Brass

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norskie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Other than TOTW, does anyone know where I can order brass bar stock? I can find no local sources in WNC, and I like to deal with more than one supplier. :confused:
Thanks,
Da Moose

msc industrial supply may have it, I know that they carry round stock.

Any metals supply company can supply brass bar stock, round, square or even tubular. Check your local Yellow Pages and make a couple of phone calls or do an internet search if there are no local sources of supply or if you need a specific alloy.

Ace Harware cares hobby brass and Texas Knifemaker's Supply has barstock brass.

Done the yellow pages bit, no metal suppliers in our mountain metropolis. Hardware stores don't carry it, here. Knife maker suppliers! I'll check that out.

Leathermoose
Did you look at your harware store for brass kick plates for doors? Almost all hardware stores will carry them. They maybe a little thick for such things as ramrod pipes and inlays but it can be annealed and thinned with a hammer and anvil or the top of the vise.
Just a thought.

Regards, Dave

Thanks to all. I am in fact looking for thicker stock. Custom buttcap for a knife a friend is building. Now I have a lot more places to look, and who knows what else I'll find? The fun of building stuff! :grin:

Back