• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

short, sweet turkey morning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding amigo...always great to hear your stories! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Spence you had a great hunt all the way around. First with the double. First with using tow and a good bird to boot :thumbsup: Some of the worst calling I ever heard came from a hen. It always gave me hope for my sorry calling :rotf: Thanks for sharing. Dan.

When I first started hunting turkeys and trying to learn a little calling I was stalking a gobbler who wouldn't move. I got some closer and began to hear another hunter making the weirdest and, I thought, some of the worst calling I could imagine. Steamed because I was supposed to be the only hunter on that property but not wanting to bust the guys hunt, I hunkered down safe behind a tree and watched, trying to spot him. In a few minutes out of the brush walked a hen, and right behind her a big tom who bred her right there just to make me feel bad, I know it. It worked, blast him, I still feel bad. :haha:

Spence

PJC said:
Great hunt. You should think about putting that one in the book that everyone wants you to write with all of your experiences.
PJC

Spence, I was reliving your hunt just now and came across PJC's reply.

Are you considering writing a book? Seriously?

If you've not entertained the idea, I wish that you would. Put me at the top of your buyers list please!

I really think a lot of folks would love to own a book written by your hand of your experiences and insights.

If others are like me, they would also love to know more about you in a biographical sense (upbringing, career, family, etc, etc).

All jokes aside Spence, might you author such a book sometime???

All the best, Skychief.

Thank you very much for the kind words, Skychief, I am deeply flattered. Makes an old man feel good.

I've never given any serious consideration to writing a book, I just don't think of myself in that way. :redface: :redface:

The thing that rings my bell is a lifelong insatiable curiosity and hunger to learn about stuff I don't know. Writing a book is the polar opposite of that, it's putting down on paper stuff you already "know". It's a long process requiring single-minded, concentrated attention, and think of all the things I could be learning while that was going on. I don't have that much time to waste. :haha:

Spence

George said:
The thing that rings my bell is a lifelong insatiable curiosity and hunger to learn about stuff I don't know. Writing a book is the polar opposite of that, it's putting down on paper stuff you already "know". It's a long process requiring single-minded, concentrated attention, and think of all the things I could be learning while that was going on. I don't have that much time to waste. :haha:

Spence

haha - well put. Here's to always satisfying your curiosity. :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back