• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Shorty" makes meat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good thing you didn't drag buy the hind feet--you'd a gone farther in the woods :idunno:

I butchered the deer yesterday and found most of my ball just under the hide on the off-side. It had made a nice hole through the bottom of the spine and still has pieces of bone imbedded in the lead. I found another piece of lead that had sheared off and it had made a hole through the off-side scapula (shoulder bone) just beside the ridge of the scapula (thick part of the bone). This is my first BP animal and I was impressed with the penetration through thick bone. The deer dropped in its tracks but needed some work with the knife to administer the coup-de-grace.

Congrats on the hunt.

"If you can't hit what you're shooting at, might as well pick up knitting"

Back