• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shot from a rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickjf

40 Cal.
Reaction score
How does shot do out of a flintlock or caplock rifle . Mine is .50 with a 24 in barrel What sort of range would this work with #7 shot.

Does not do well at all, the rifling spins the shot column which results in a huge doughnut shaped pattern. At anything but pointblank range chances are pretty slim of hitting anything. Chris

Yep, I think alot of us have tried this out of curiousity. I actually shot some cardboard a few times with a .54 and some #6 shot. At about eight feet, the pattern is already all over the place, with no discernable shape, and a definite emptyness in the middle. Bill

Back