• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show N Tell your first MLer rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda late getting into the game (I'm 68) but I recently picked up this 50 caliber "Jaegerish" rifle. Overall length is about 43", barrel 25 inches. With set trigger setup. Still acquiring all the accouterments and have not yet even fired the damn thing. But,...getting close. Most of the accessories are just plain store bought and will be replaced by more artistic pieces.
2024-10-25 15.24.35.jpg

Would like to to pick up a woven strap for the main powder horn as well as a antler powder measure. Brass items will move to the range box. Walnut shot blocks are on my Christmas list.

My first was a Fox Ridge custom TC Hawken .50 flinter I bought when I got out of college, around '82 or so. Sheet fire, that's 42 years ago - I'm getting old.

Ignorant, I didn't know what I had, nor did I know how to load it or shoot it or clean it. But I had watched Jerimiah Johnson pretty closely 🤣 . I do remember marveling at the curly wood when it was on the shelf at the gun store, compared to the other TC Hawkens.

I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, because I was on my own and didn't know what I was doing. I traded it off; I wonder if it still exists and gets shot now and then?

Yellowhammer out.

Back