• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show your Muzzleloading gems.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ottomangroup.jpg

Somethings you don't come by everyday...

From top to bottom:

Turkish Shishane was the workhorse of the Ottoman military. This example, with a .54 caliber damascus barrel, is the only rifled gun in the bunch. The Shishane almost didn't change it's form from the adoption of the Miquelet by the Ottomans in the 1600's until they finally went out of style in the early 1900's.
Greek Kariophili dated 1846, very different in that it uses a French style Flintlock rather than a Miquelet lock as the majority of guns from this region. Greek guns tend to utilize the Flintlocks more exclusively.
Albanian Kubur laying on a Silahlik (weapons belt) with original powder measure, priming flask, and 2 Palaska (cartridge boxes)
Albanian Tanchica the stock is completely covered in iron and sports a 55 inch smoothbore barrel.
Bulgarian Boyliya missing it's hammer/cock. This is by far the lightest long gun of the pack and has a buttstock shaped similarly to what we would consider "modern"

Everything is original aside from the Silahlik which is period correct reproduction handmade for me in Bulgaria

rattailgroup.jpg

View attachment 349109

Somethings you don't come by everyday...

From top to bottom:

Turkish Shishane was the workhorse of the Ottoman military. This example, with a .54 caliber damascus barrel, is the only rifled gun in the bunch. The Shishane almost didn't change it's form from the adoption of the Miquelet by the Ottomans in the 1600's until they finally went out of style in the early 1900's.
Greek Kariophili dated 1846, very different in that it uses a French style Flintlock rather than a Miquelet lock as the majority of guns from this region. Greek guns tend to utilize the Flintlocks more exclusively.
Albanian Kubur laying on a Silahlik (weapons belt) with original powder measure, priming flask, and 2 Palaska (cartridge boxes)
Albanian Tanchica the stock is completely covered in iron and sports a 55 inch smoothbore barrel.
Bulgarian Boyliya missing it's hammer/cock. This is by far the lightest long gun of the pack and has a buttstock shaped similarly to what we would consider "modern"

Everything is original aside from the Silahlik which is period correct reproduction handmade for me in Bulgaria

View attachment 349110
That is a unique collection.

Having reached the age where I can no longer hunt & compete with long guns these are my shooters and an unfinished flint pistol.
The original Austrian leather trimmed canvas hunting bag still retains it's leather capper & small game hangers.
I acquired this hunting bag about 50 years ago from a gun club friend, belonged to his grandfather who fled Austria as Nazi forces
were swallowing up neighboring countries..
The Harpers Ferry & English flintlock are repros I've reworked & defarbed to fit with my collection.

Attachments

• French Perc. Officer's Pistol .70 cal..jpg
    French Perc. Officer's Pistol .70 cal..jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Unfinished flintlock pistol with completed lock photo.jpg
    Unfinished flintlock pistol with completed lock photo.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • English Flintlock Pistol 7 .jpg
    English Flintlock Pistol 7 .jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_E1991 (1).JPG
    IMG_E1991 (1).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1807 Harpers Ferry, lockside view.jpg
    1807 Harpers Ferry, lockside view.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
  • French .58 cal Dbl. Brl perc pistol 7.jpg
    French .58 cal Dbl. Brl perc pistol 7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1862 Colt policeimage1.jpeg
    1862 Colt policeimage1.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 0
  • French, two perc. pistols.jpg
    French, two perc. pistols.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 519[1].jpg
    519[1].jpg
    913.1 KB · Views: 0
here is 54 that Don Bruton built an I finished. Walnut stock from Allen Martin. Colerain 44 in C weight barrel. Very fast Caywood lock. Don forged all the furniture. I used aqua fortis on wood an metal both and left it dark. Its a very accurate light weight all business hunting rifle.

here is 54 that Don Bruton built an I finished. Walnut stock from Allen Martin. Colerain 44 in C weight barrel. Very fast Caywood lock. Don forged all the furniture. I used aqua fortis on wood an metal both and left it dark. Its a very accurate light weight all business hunting rifle.

I really like that dark finish on your stock. Can you tell me what kind of stain was used?

Back