• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sight problems

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deer Creek's phone number is 1-765-525-6181, Fax is 1-765-525-9595, address is 6989 E. Michigan Road, Waldron, Indiana 46182. Ask for Sherry.
Mark

When you say old CVA stuff, how old do you mean? My gun is 13 years old. Wold Deer Creek have what i need?

Well i called Deer Creek and the gentleman i spoke to said he has never heard of a CVA Pa whitetail. He was almost arguing with me, saying that i must mean that its a Pa pellet. So im back at square one.

As I mentioned, Deer Creek is the place to go for the older, more traditional CVA parts.

From the photo of your gun, it is fairly obvious that it is a newer gun probably imported by CVA to be used in the Flintlock's Only season in Pennsylvania. Maybe a :pa Pellet" is another name for your gun?

In any case, the rear sight on your gun is not a factory sight and that is the reason for your problems.

During your discussion with him, did you ask if they had an adjustable rear sight that might work?
If he said, "No." then you still should pursue talking to someone at Track of the Wolf and buying one of their adjustable rear sights that I mentioned above.
Either one of them should work with the front sight you have installed on your gun. It's just a matter of getting the right dovetail size to fit your barrel and tapping it in place.

Yea i agree with you, i just wasnt sure what you meant by older gun and newer gun. I bet if it was older i wouldnt have any problems getting parts for it. The Pa pellet is a new FL made by Traditions that is made to shoot pellets like pyrodex instead of loose powder. I will contact TOTW and hopefully they'll be able to set me up with something. Thanks for your help.

CVA named their guns a lot of things later on in the game. Call Deer Creek back and order sights for a CVA Bobcat and you should be in fat city.

Back