• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sighting in My New Englander

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went out for about an hour last weekend and put a few shots through my “new” New Englander. It took a little adjustment, but I’m feeling pretty confident with it. I’m still going to try to get a few more range days in with it before hunting season though, partly for practice, and mostly because it’s so much fun to shoot.

Attachments

• 515FCC52-A7E9-43D8-878E-EA4B350594F7.jpeg
    515FCC52-A7E9-43D8-878E-EA4B350594F7.jpeg
    167.1 KB
Nice shooting! I love the New Englander, in my opinion one of the nicest guns that TC made. I have 3 of them and have taken many deer with both round ball and Great Plains bullets. Best of luck with yours, hope you get a nice one with it.

I recently purchased a New Englander online that came with a .50 barrel and also a 12 bore barrel. I only bought it because I wanted the shotgun and was going to sell the rifle barrel online once it came in. Well, yesterday I was shooting and cleaning a few rifles and getting my stuff ready for the muzzleloader deer opener this Saturday. I decided to put that rifle barrel on the New Englander and blow a few round balls through it before listing it for sale. To make a short story long, I was so impressed with it that it will be what I start my season with on Saturday. Guess I will need to buy another stock assembly to put that 12 bore barrel in… This rifle is super accurate and a pleasure to shoot. Good shooting with your New Englander, by the way.

New Englanders are really good rifles. i currently own two, a .50 caliber and a re-bored to .58 caliber. The .50 caliber has killed many deer and wild hogs. Also have an extra .50 caliber barrel, the short one: i put fire sights on that one.

Back