• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sights for old eyes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJTBONE

36 Cal.
Reaction score
The front sight on my Traditions Pa rifle is a thin blade that is very hard to see.Can someone recommend a set of sights that would be easier to see, maybe a bead type that would not look to out of place? DGW does not seem to have much in the catalog. Thanks, TBONE

Check out Track of the Wolf online. They also have a great catalog. They should have something to help you out. I sorta gave up on DGW a while ago.

Glen McClain makes a wide front sight with a line of white bone inset in the middle of it. It is a big help. Match that up with a really wide rear sight and then move the rear sight up on the barrel about 1/3 of the way to the front sight.

Many Klatch

Historically peep sights have been used for us old grey beards; one less thing for our tired old eyes to focus on. I removed the center on mine for additional light and faster sighting. They have been around for eons.

woodsman, what type of peep sight do you use? I haven't found anything beside the lyman No.57..............watch yer top knot

One of my Thompsons has a large bead on it and I have no difficulity with it.The blade sights just seem to vanish in dim light.

I've got several of the TC peep sights on rifles and a Lyman 57 on my 45 TC Hawken with a globe front sight for paper shooting.

Latest posts

Back