• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Skinner sights on a muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedgoat44

32 Cal
Reaction score
Has anyone hd luck with Skinner Sights on your sidelock muzzleloader? Mine is an Investarms and i'm wondering if one of the Renegade dovetail sights might work for it. Thanks!

I had a couple of different skinner sights. One was mounted on the receiver and worked very well. The other was mounted in the dove tail and I didn’t care for it. To me, the closer you can get it to your eye, the better it works.

I have put skinner sights on several of my side lock muzzleloaders due to failing eyesight. On the Renegades, I mounted the "Low Pro" sight in the set screw hole in the breech plug that was for mounting a scope. It only has adjustments for elevation but has worked well for me. As stated, the closer to your eye you can mount the peep, the better. Peep sights mounted in the barrel dovetails tend to be too far away for quick target acquisition whereas up close peeps are hardly noticeable because the eye just naturally looks thru the peep hole and centers the front sight without any concious effort

I suggest you communicate directly with Skinner sights. I have a couple of their sights on a couple of my "unmentionables". My experience with their customer service is they go out of their way to try to accomodate to your needs with one of their products. If you give them the specs on your dovetail size and required aperture height they may be more able to recommend the specific model of sight you need for your firearm.

Has anyone hd luck with Skinner Sights on your sidelock muzzleloader? Mine is an Investarms and i'm wondering if one of the Renegade dovetail sights might work for it. Thanks!
Investarms uses metric dovetail slots while the T/C has 3/8"

Back