• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Small cannons from my step father. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shivmo

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new member looking to get some info on some small cannons my step father had collected. I’m not sure the value on any of these and need to sell a good amount of them by the end of the year. What would these type of cannons be called? Any help is mucho appreciated. Thanks again.
IMG_4929.jpeg
IMG_4928.jpeg
IMG_4927.jpeg

Interesting collection.

Some appear to be scale models……Some of the breechloaders. I am more familiar with the muzzle loaders and see a Carronade and a Dahlgren. I also see a carbide cannon. There are several generic representations of cannons in your collection. Some fall into the toy category. Some in the fantasy. Some in the model.

We would need to see each in more detail with ruler for scale to more accurately give an opinion.

I was expecting signal cannon. :(

They need some love. Some simple restoration would make 'em look sharper.

I doubt they have much value other than sentimental for you.
If I am wrong and they do have value I apologize. They look like little desk cannons. A pop bottle next to them would help with seeing the actual scale.

Back