• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

smooth bore vs rifled

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Find Dan to be right on the mark in general on his post. I shoot my smoothy with tow,or hair or shreaded hemp and old wool. I find it shoots well in the range I use it,25-30 yards with shot. 30-35 yards on deer. The amont of 'smooth rifles'sold in the eastren woodlands bespaks thier usefullness, and the french canidians stuck withthem long after rifles were very avalible.
By chocking and 'cheating' on your load you can streach your range, but you can get good use as a hunter using traditional. It will never be a rifle. On the montana praires a rifle will give you lots better range. In the ozark woods a smoothy will feed you treerats,turkeys and deer very well

Latest posts

Back