• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smooth rifle squirrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradCayton

40 Cal
Reaction score
Work has kept me busy lately but I got home before dark this evening and took my .62 Issac Haines smooth rifle out for a walk. I saw two greys and one offered me a shot.

It felt very good to be out again and enjoy Gods gifts.

It frosted here this morning. Expect it has at your place also. Helps with the Warbles and skeeters. Yes that is a nice rifle. :thumbsup:

Larry

armakiller and mtmike,

I was shooting 60 grns of 3F, an OS card, 1 1/8 of 5s and another OS card.

I'm still tinkering with it but I can't seem to get good patterns with a OP cushion wad. I've used post it notes as a shot cup like Roundball and some of the others on the forum have when I was working on a turkey load.

Thanks for the kind words fellows. I joined the forum back a few years ago as WV-Rocklock but couldn't log back on so I registered with my name this round. Guess I'm a newbie again :grin:

Beautiful picture. Very nice wood on that stock. :hatsoff:

I love using a smooth rifle on squirrels and turkey. In my .62 Virginia with a 42" Swamped Octagon barrel I load 50 grs 2F, two soft felt 1/8" lubed wads, an oz of #6's, and two overshot cards. Very good patterns and have taken some squirrels that were "out there" a ways for a shot load out of a cylinder bore.

Back