• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What impressed me was the awesome whollop that a 325 grn, .600" prb delivers; this being my first with a smoothie. I'm just learning something many of you guys already knew. Load is not set and more work to be done. Killing load 75grns 3F and patched lead ball over a cushion wad. In my pouch were 5 WW .590" balls and .020" greased ticking.

stormcrow said:
Running shot with a smoothbore! And a very nice deer at that.
:bow: :bow:
---------------------

what he said!

Just love to hear of smooth bore success. Congrats!

hanshi said:
I tried to whistle and make her stop but just couldn't make any sound. I then shouldered the gun, lead a little and fired.

:haha: I know that dry mouth feeling. :haha:

Good job. We call those "grouse shots" and they make for exciting hunts. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Back