• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

smoothbore ID

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatrock

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Not an orginal but I need help IDing this smoothbore It is a flintlock with all iron trim and the only markings visible is a crown and a fler de lise on both the top flat of the octagon to round bbl and also the same mark on the lock. Any help would be appreciated.

Long gun? Pistol? Caliber, barrel length, OAL,type of wood? How about a photo? Give us something to work with.

Sorry about the poor description. It`s a long gun with a OA length of 57 inches and a 41 inch bbl. All iron trim flintlock. Not sure of the type wood but plain with no figure. It is 62 cal. only markings are a crown and fleur de lise on top flat of the octagon bbl and the same markings on the lock. Something about the shape of the stock seems French?

It is a Tulle Fusil de Chasse or French hunting gun. It would have come from France, the Tulle arsenal mostly, from late 1600's until end of the French and Indian war when France no longer controlled New France in 1760.

The stock typically has a pronounced curved drop called the "cow's foot". Original barrels were usually a little longer. .62 or .66 was typical bore.

Modern ones come from various sources but one prominent current maker is Centermark.

Thanks for the replys. I`m sorry that I`m unable to post pictures. I thought someone might have seen the markings described above and could give me some idea who made this gun. I am sure it is a reproduction but it does have some age on it. Again, thanks for the replys.

Does it lookm a bit like this?
fusil.jpg

The best I can tell it does look somewhat like the picture. I forgot to mention it does have a iron ramrod. It`s a good shooter with both shot and RB.

Back