• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore sources

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.M.

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello forumites. I previously posted a question regarding smoothbores and got some excellent responses/information, which is much appreciated. I've been snooping on the web to find dealers who have smoothbores for sale, and have'nt found much. I'm also getting the impression that some of the better known makers like TVM will make you up a gun but that they take months to deliver them. Does anyone know of any dealers or shops that keep a decent inventory of smoothbores in stock and ready to deliver? I'm interested in fowlers or smooth rifles vs military replicas as I want one primarily for hunting and shooting. Anybody got a recommendation on who to call?

Dixie Gun Works used to publish a book of guns for sale from it's most extensive collection. A one time, there were hundreds of Springield trapdoor's listed in it for sale, along with all sorts of other ML guns.
; Perhaps they still produce this "Book".

Might want to call Dixon's Muzzleloading Shop too, When I was up there last week I notice a few TVM on the wall. Also, don't forget Caywood, their webcite has shootbores for sell.

Back