• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothie Waterfowl

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just have to post this,
This past couple days has been great for myself and my (Cabelas)Pedersoli double 12ga. Thanksgiving morning I got my first wild duck with it, and nice drake wood duck 30 yard shot #4 ITX shot, and yesterday I got a Canada Goose 25 yard shot #4 ITX shot, I forgot to shoot the other barrel when I saw the goose fall as I was surprised, I could have gotten two out of that flock.

Congratulations- I shoot the Pedersoli in 10 ga. and find it to be a great waterfowl gun.Could you share your load with the other fowlers here? I would like to hear of your impression of the ITX. As compared to other Non-toxic's. What type of penetration did you get with the shot-how does it pattern-what type of wad or load column did you use?pellets per ounce?etc........Thanks...Dan

That's just outstanding...just like the settlers did it...congratulations !

:hatsoff:

I can share my load, as for the shot and penetration, it shreaded the right wing and the holes in the breast seemed to penetrate not all the way through, the holes in the back third of the bird produced allot of blood in the internals, but I do not think it would have brought the bird down right then. As we all know, a main body shot on a Canada goose is no really a good one. For years now, I try like heck for the head or wing.

My load is 1 1/4oz ITX #4 with 60 grains 777 powder (yes I am using it all up before I switch perminantly to Black powder) 2 felt wads on top of powder and one over the shot. I am using 2 Modified choke tubes and at 35 yards using a 8.5X11 sheet of paper produces a very nice uniform pattern in that sheet. This same load with 85grains by volume in a T/C clear view measurer of 2F black powder produces even a better pattern at 35 yards. I also shot the Mallard drake at approx 40 yards and killed it with a head shot. The wood duck on Thursday, was a killing shot head kneck and breast. I like the ITX shot, but I am also on the fence with it, I need to shoot more waterfowl with the 4's. The #6 ITX I use the same load, does awesome on upland birds.

Latest posts

Back